here. I used three strands of floss for all of the stitching.
The second project I decided to tackle were these simple shamrocks out of felt. I love how they add some height and whimsy to my decorations.
2. Cut heart shapes out of your squares of felt. I just free hand cut them, but if you are more comfortable- you can create a template and trace them. Place a dot of hot glue on the bottom peak of the heart as shown in the picture.
3. Pinch the bottom of the heart in half, hold in place for a few seconds to allow the glue to cool.
4. Trim the bottom of the heart off to give you a flat edge on the bottom of the heart, just be sure not to trim off all the glue.
5. Put a small bit of glue on the flat edge of one heart and match it up to the bottom of a second heart. Then add glue to the edge of a third heart and center it over the joining of the first two hearts.
6. Cut a small circle of felt that will be hidden behind the shamrock. Put some glue on the circle and place the top of your floral wire in the center of the circle. While the glue is still warm, put the shamrock on top of the wire. Aannnd- you're done!!
And there you have it! Three simple St. Patrick's Day decorations that add a bunch of fun with just a little bit of effort.
I hope you enjoy getting your green on!