Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Rainbow Birthday Cake

Tuesday, January 10, 2012
My youngest turned 3 on Saturday.  My how time flies!  She wanted a rainbow cake for her birthday.  I was pretty sure I could handle it, but I should have known with pregnancy hormones raging I was in for some trouble. ;)  I pushed through, though and made this:
No matter how you slice it, it's one BIG piece of cake.  Two cake mixes and three cans of frosting later we had a rainbow cake fit for a princess. :)  She loved it, and I thought it was funny how colorful even the crumbs were. ;)
I am so grateful for 3 year olds and how easy they are to please.  She had a wonderful birthday.
XOXO,
Amy

7 comments:

Andi @ Jane of all crafts said...

wait..what?! How did I miss the fact that you are pregnant? I feel awful that I didn't know :( Hope you are feel well and CONGRATS!!! Love the rainbow cake...I made one for natalie's 4th birthday, it was a huge hit!

Camilla said...

Wow! Wonder Woman!! that looks delicious, I could go for some right now :)

Karen said...

It looks darling!!! Good job, and way to push through the yuck!

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

You are a rainbow cake rockstar. Looks amazing:)

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Beautiful cake, Amy! You did a fantastic job, meltdown and all ;)

projectdowhatyoulove said...

Cute! Love the rainbow cake and the fun sprinkles on the top!

Natalie
www.projectdowhatyoulove.wordpress.com

Rodney said...

I featured your pillow tutorial from Gwenny Penny today on my blog:

http://www.snugasabugbaby.com/pillows/

PS. The only way I can comment on your blog is to use my husband's google account (this is a common issue with wordpress bloggers commenting on blogger blogs)... if you are able to offer the "name/url" option for comments, it would be helpful. Who knows you may also get more comments from others who have the same problem???

O, and cute cake!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...