Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Quick Rundown

Thursday, October 27, 2011
It started with a preschool trip to the pumpkin patch.  (right in the middle of Red Ribbon Week).  Followed by Fall Break from school.
 During Fall break we celebrated a birthday.  A pretty significant birthday.  8 years is pretty old.  Many thanks to Amy from Increasingly Domestic for the fantastic birthday balloon idea- it was a major hit!
I needed some pics of my banner for my boutique.  I think I like this one. :)  The best part of the setup?  It only cost me about $20 for the whole thing because most of what you see I already had on hand.  I like to fill up the candy jars with the special birthday child's favorite treats and snacks for a day of indulging- which is where the majority of the cost went.  Plus $.97 for balloons. ;)
Ummm... I think he liked it. :)
This week we've been busy getting ready for our ward Halloween Party (held last night).  I was asked to be in charge of the decorations.  How do you decorate a huge Cultural Hall with a budget of $0?
 Dead tree limbs!  I put a large branch in each of the accordion doors and decorated them with my lights and other decorations.  They looked great.
And the centerpieces?  2X4 blocks of wood painted orange with a stick stem glued on top and tied with a raffia bow.  3 per table for 30 tables= a LOT of pumpkins!  Luckily I have many AMAZING friends who dropped everything and helped me paint, sand, glue and tie!  They turned out wonderfully.  I gave most of them to my friends who helped, but I still probably have about 30 pumpkins left!  Wonder what I should do with all of them?  I'm thinking Thanksgiving centerpieces. ;)

In the middle of all of this there has been production for the boutique (pics coming soon), head colds and Point of View projects, plus I was able to attend the launch party for Amanda Herring's new line of fabric for Riley Blake- Delighted.  It was wonderful!  Tonight is my Grandfather's 80th birthday party and a blog event I may or may not attend.  Then on to more production for the boutique.  I need inventory my friends and it's not happening as fast as I want it to! 

So if I sound a little flustered or out of control- it's simply because I am.  I keep hearing Dory- "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!"  I wonder if I should be worried that now I'm hearing voices.

Enjoy your weekend and Halloween if I don't pop in before then!
XOXO,
Amy

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Wow, busy you.
And you should do some of those pumpkins for your boutique. They turned out adorable!

chris said...

Hang in there. You're doing great. The decorations turned out wonderfully.

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Your birthday banner pic is awesome! It looks fabulous... I think this is the pic that you were hoping for. The Halloween party decs look great, too. Really nice job putting that together. Look at it this way... you've crossed a lot of things off of your busy list. Hopefully after Halloween you can focus on the boutique. Keep swimming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...