Tuesday, November 30, 2010

More Embellished totes

Tuesday, November 30, 2010
My aunt asked me to make her some more of these canvas totes. She's going to put her grand kids' presents in them- how cute is that? So, since she is a major animal lover, I pulled out this cute cat print to make a couple of the bags. Then, I've always wanted to try the ruffle version- and I have to say it turned out darling. I think that's what my daughter will be getting this year! And the purple flowers are so fun- I used a dark purple corduroy and the light purple floral print. I'm going to be making a scripture tote using these fabrics in the next day or two- love them!

Here is a detail shot of the flowers with the cat fabric as the centers. I think they turned out so cute!
These are seriously the easiest gift- I made all five of them this morning in less than 2 hours. And that's with kids running all over and getting my two oldest out the door.
If you need any ideas or would like any of the templates I used for the shapes (the flowers or the shapes seen here) leave a comment or send me an e-mail and I would be happy to get them to you. Please make sure your e-mail is included if you're a no-reply blogger so I can send them somewhere!
Happy Christmas Crafting everyone!
xoxo,
Amy

Also linking up to Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday CraftsPhotobucket

1 comment:

Laura in 'bama said...

They are really cute! Did you make the whole tote or just the embellishments? I'd love a template ... been looking for something to make for my niece this year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...